St Alban’s Church
A site was purchased in 1924 opposite the Royal Oak by Worplesdon PCC for the erection of a ‘Mission Hall’. The cost was £140.
From 16th December 1923 regular services were held in Wood Street School. The Rector the Rev. JCG Bruce took the first service attended by some fifty people. In 1924 Captain Wallis was appointed Rector as full time missionary for Wood Street. He lived in Old Gables which was let to the PCC at a cost of £52 / annum. The lease expired and Captain Wallis left ‘ owing to lack of accommodation’.
The Old St Alban’s Church was built in 1925 with the New St Alban’s Church built in 1967.
See below for more details:
New St Alban’s Church
Old St Alban’s Church